Sunday, January 2, 2011

H O M E M A D E _ H A T

A little late, but here's a look at our first illustration project from this past fall semester. Starting our as a seemingly simple "get to know you" project, where we were to design a hat which would best embody ourselves (which I am always terrible at; I always find it difficult to boil myself down to one idea). The twist was that after having designed the hats, we to then construct them. Once constructed, we partnered with another classmate, and had to paint a portait of them in their hats.

I painted Kaiti Archambault in the woods, while my portrait was painted by Jen Allen. Have a look:




final painting, made with guache and acrylic paint markers


initial sketch for my painting




my hat, and my portrait by Jen Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment